If you use CBD oil to treat a human disorder, it’s safe to assume you can use CBD oil to treat that same disorder in cats.
The side effects of CBD oil for cats are minimal.
The most common side effect is drowsiness. Cat owners report that the drowsiness is similar to that produced by an antihistamine. Most cat owners don’t even consider drowsiness to be a side effect, especially since cats do plenty of sleeping, anyway.
It’s a small price to pay for all the benefits that CBD has to offer your furry friend.
Every cat is different, so we highly recommend starting with a low dose. That way, your cat can get used to the new chemical in his system.
Here is our recommended progression for giving your cat CBD oil:
- Start with 1 drop of CBD oil ONCE per day.
- Continue administering 1 drop once per day for one week.
- If you don’t see any effects or your cat needs more relief, increase the dosage to 1 drop TWICE per day.
- Continue administering 1 drop twice per day for one week.
- If necessary, increase the dosage to 1 drop THREE TIMES per day.
- Continue administering 1 drop three times per day for one week.
If necessary, increase the dosage again per the above pattern.
You’ll notice in the above progression that the number of drops never changes. Only the frequency with which you administer those drops changes. If you find yourself administering one drop more than four times per day, you can try increasing the number of drops given at one time. Start with two drops and work the steps as outlined above.
NOTE: Like humans, every cat is different and how the CBD will work will be different from each individual cat Experimentation is the way to go, to find what works best on your cat. Start with a small dose and then gradually scale up until you find that "sweet spot" that gives the results you are looking for.